Categories of Special Interest
1820 - 1840
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1830, originally two separate single-bay three-storey (south) and two-bay three-storey (north) houses retaining some early fenestration. Part refenestrated, pre-1999. Extensively renovated and amalgamated, post-1999, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. 2/2 timber sash windows to range to north with replacement uPVC casement windows, pre-1999, to range to south. Replacement timber shopfront, post-1999, to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber panelled doors, fascia over having consoles, and cornice. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
An attractive composition, originally built as two separate houses, which retains most of its original form to the upper floors together with some early fittings and materials. The house forms an integral component of the streetscape, and contributes to the visual appeal of Saint Mary Street.