Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced three-bay two-storey house, c.1830. Extensively renovated, pre-1999. One of a terrace of three. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement timber casement windows, pre-1999, with iron balconettes, pre-1999, to first floor. Elliptical-headed door opening with replacement fluted timber pilaster doorcase, pre-1999, timber panelled door, and replacement overlight, post-1999. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An attractive, well-proportioned house, built as one of a terrace of three houses of individual character (with 22821135 - 6/WD-31-21-135 - 6), which retains most of its original form and massing. However, over-zealous renovation works in the late twentieth century have led to the loss of most of the historic fabric of the site. Nevertheless, the house, together with the remainder in the terrace, remains an important element of the streetscape of Church Street.