Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced three-bay two-storey house, c.1830. Refenestrated, post-1999. Now in use as offices. One of a terrace of three. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings (one blind to centre first floor) with stone sills. Replacement uPVC casement windows, post-1999. Elliptical-headed door opening with fluted timber pilaster doorcase, timber panelled door, and decorative fanlight. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An attractive, well-proportioned house, built as one of a terrace of three houses of individual character (with 22821135, 7/WD-31-21-135, 7), which retains most of its original form and massing. However, the inappropriate replacement fittings to the window openings have eroded much of the historic quality of the site. An important survival is the original doorcase, incorporating an elegant fanlight. The house, together with the remainder in the terrace, forms an appealing component of the streetscape.