Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest



1820 - 1830


226049, 93031

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced single-bay three-storey house, c.1825. Extensively renovated, pre-1999, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Renovated, post-1999, with window opening remodelled to first floor. Pitched roof with replacement artificial slate, pre-1999, clay ridge tiles, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, pre-1999, on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls with rendered quoins to ends. Square-headed window openings (remodelled, post-1999, to first floor) with replacement concrete sills, pre-1999, and moulded rendered surround to top floor. Replacement fixed-pane uPVC window, pre-1999, to top floor with replacement 1/1 uPVC sash window, post-1999, to first floor. Replacement timber shopfront, pre-1999, to ground floor with inscribed pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window having casement overlights, timber panelled and glazed timber doors having overlights, and timber fascia over. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


A small-scale house of modest appearance that has been extensively renovated over the course of the late twentieth century, leading to the loss of most of the historic fabric and character. Nevertheless, the house remains an important element of the streetscape, contributing to an irregular roofline in the south-east range of a square planned by the Duke of Devonshire in the early nineteenth century.