Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Historical Use

Shop/retail outlet


1840 - 1860


226020, 92933

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay two-storey over basement house with dormer attic, c.1850. Extensively renovated, c.1950, with openings remodelled to ground floor to accommodate commercial use, and dormer attic added. Part refenestrated, c.1975. Now entirely in residential use. One of a terrace of three. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1950, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, replacement square rooflights, c.1950, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls with moulded rendered (shared) cornice to ground floor, and rendered channelled pier to left first floor. Square-headed window openings (remodelled, c.1950, to ground floor) with rendered sills. Replacement timber casement windows, c.1950, to first floor with replacement timber casement windows, c.1975, to ground floor having tongue-and-groove timber panel over. Square-headed door opening with replacement glazed timber panelled door, c.1975, with overlight having tongue-and-groove timber panel over. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.


An appealing small-scale house of modest form and appearance, built as one of a terrace of three houses (including 22821112/WD-31-21-112), which retains its original form to the upper floors, together with some attractive rendered detailing. The house, together with the remainder in the terrace, forms an important component of the streetscape, following the topography of the sloping site.