Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1835 - 1855
Terraced two-bay three-storey house with dormer attic, c.1845, retaining some original fenestration. Reroofed and refenestrated, c.1995, with dormer attic added. Now in use as offices. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1995, clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks, replacement square rooflights, c.1995, and cast-iron rainwater goods on overhanging rendered eaves having iron brackets. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls to upper floors with rendered quoins to end. Unpainted replacement cement rendered wall, c.1995, to ground floor. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. 6/6 timber sash windows to top floor with replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995, to remainder having decorative wrought iron sill guard to ground floor. Elliptical-headed door opening with two cut-stone steps, fluted pilaster doorcase, timber panelled door, and spoked fanlight. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
An appealing well-proportioned middle-size house retaining its original form and massing, and contributing to the visual appeal of the streetscape. However, renovation works in the late twentieth century have compromised some of the historic character of the site through the replacement of much of the original fabric with inappropriate modern articles.