Categories of Special Interest
1830 - 1850
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1840, with square-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Refenestrated, c.1890. Renovated, c.1940, with shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves with iron brackets. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered quoined piers to ends. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, moulded rendered surrounds, and replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, c.1890. Timber shopfront, c.1940, to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, timber panelled and glazed timber panelled doors with overlights, and fascia over having moulded cornice. Square-headed carriageway to left ground floor (incorporated into shopfront) with replacement iron lifting door, c.1965, having overlights. Road fronted with flagged footpath to front.
An attractive middle-size house composed of balanced proportions, retaining its original form and massing, together with most of the early fabric, thereby contributing to the historic character of the streetscape. Of particular interest is the shopfront to ground floor, which is of artistic design quality, and which enhances the street scene value at street level.