Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest



1810 - 1830


226466, 93265

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey house, c.1820, with single-bay two-storey lower return to north-east. Refenestrated, c.1995. One of a group of four. Hipped (shared) slate roof (pitched to return) with clay ridge tiles, cut-stone and rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement 2/2 timber sash windows, c.1995. Round-headed door opening with red brick block-and-start surround, replacement timber panelled door, c.1995, and spoked fanlight. Set back from line of road with sections of wrought iron railings to forecourt on random rubble stone plinth with spear-head finials, wrought iron gate, and pair of cut-stone piers to north-west with wrought iron double gates. (ii) Detached three-bay single-storey coach house, c.1820, to north-east with segmental-headed carriageway, and single-bay two-storey mono-pitched end bay to left. Pitched slate roof (mono-pitched to end bay) with red clay ridge tiles, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered walls. Segmental-headed carriageway. Fittings not visible.


A well-proportioned middle-size house, built as part of a planned group of four houses (with 22821011 - 12/WD-31-21-11 - 12), which enhance the streetscape quality of Strand Side South. Carefully maintained, the house presents an early aspect, with replacement fittings installed in keeping with the original integrity of the design. The survival of the wrought iron gates and railings to the forecourt contributes to the historic quality of the street scene, while the survival of the original coach house to the grounds enhances the group and setting qualities of the site.