Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Historical Social Technical
1935 - 1945
Detached single-bay single-storey flat-roofed mass-concrete watch tower, c.1940, with single-bay single-storey canted elevation to front (north-east) elevation. Now disused and derelict. Flat concrete roof. Unpainted mass-concrete walls. Square-headed window openings with no sills, and no fittings. Square-headed door opening with no fittings. Set back from road on cliff top with natural grounds to site.
A small-scale building of modest form and appearance that is of primary importance for its original intended use as a watch tower during 'The Emergency' (1939 - 1945), and which forms a subtle feature in the landscape. The watch tower is one of a group located along the coastline of County Waterford (including 22902610/WD-26-10 and 22904010/WD-40-10).