Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1890 - 1910


268880, 99962

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace three-bay single-storey house with half-dormer attic, c.1900, retaining original fenestration. Extended, c.1975, comprising three-bay single-storey flat-roofed return along rear (north-west) elevation. Renovated, pre-1999. One of a terrace of seven. Pitched slate roof (gabled to half-dormer attic windows) with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, square rooflight, decorative timber bargeboards, and cast-iron rainwater goods on timber eaves. Flat roof to return not visible behind parapet. Unpainted replacement cement rendered walls, pre-1999, to front (south-east) elevation with unpainted rendered walls to remainder. Square-headed window openings with concrete sills, and 2/2 timber sash windows. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door. Set back from road in own grounds with lawns to front, and random rubble stone boundary wall to perimeter.


A pleasant, small-scale house, built as one of a terrace of seven identical units, which retains most of its original form and massing, but the external expression of which has been undermined by inappropriate renovation works in the late twentieth century. The survival of the original fittings to the openings therefore significantly enhances the historic character of the composition. The house, together with the remainder in the terrace (22817056 – 61/WD-27-17-56 – 61), forms an appealing feature in the street scene, conforming to the topography of a sloping site through the use of a stepped roofline articulated by the gabled half-dormer attic windows.