Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1890 - 1910


268882, 99987

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay single-storey house with half-dormer attic, c.1900, retaining original fenestration. Reroofed and extended, c.1975, comprising three-bay single-storey flat-roofed return along rear (north-west) elevation with single-bay single-storey gabled projecting porch added to centre. One of a terrace of seven. Pitched roof (gabled to half-dormer attic windows) with replacement artificial slate, c.1975, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, replacement square rooflight, pre-1999, timber bargeboards, and cast-iron rainwater goods on timber eaves. Flat felt roof to return with plastic rainwater goods on timber eaves. Pitched (gabled) artificial slate roof to porch with clay ridge tiles, timber bargeboards, and timber eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with concrete sills, and 2/2 timber sash windows. Square-headed door opening to porch with glazed timber door. Set back from road in own grounds with lawns to front, and random rubble stone boundary wall to perimeter.


A pleasant, small-scale house, built as one of a terrace of seven identical units, which retains most of its original form and massing, together with a range of important salient features and materials, which enhance the historic character of the site. The house, together with the remainder in the terrace (22817056 – 58, 60 – 62/WD-27-17-56 – 58, 60 – 62), forms an appealing feature in the street scene, conforming to the topography of a sloping site through the use of a stepped roofline articulated by the gabled half-dormer attic windows.