Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1850 - 1870


257963, 101508

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey house, c.1860, retaining early fenestration with segmental-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Reroofed, c.1960. Renovated, c.1985, with shopfront inserted to ground floor, and carriageway remodelled. Now in use as offices to first floor. Pitched roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1960, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted roughcast walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows. Timber shopfront, c.1985, to right ground floor with inscribed pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, timber panelled door, fascia over having consoles, and cornice. Segmental-headed carriageway remodelled, c.1985, with glazed timber panelled door, and sidelights on panels. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.


A pleasant house of modest appearance, which retains most of its original form and massing, together with some of the original fabric, including fittings to the window openings to first floor. However, renovation works over the course of the late twentieth century have compromised some of the visual appeal of the remainder of the composition. Nevertheless, the house remains an integral component of the street scene of Summer Hill.