Survey Data

Reg No

22816062


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


Date

1860 - 1880


Coordinates

258140, 101492


Date Recorded

26/09/2003


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Attached three-bay three-storey house, c.1870, originally detached with single-bay single-storey gabled projecting porch to centre. Reroofed, c.1970. Refenestrated, c.1995. Pitched (shared) roof (gabled to porch) with replacement artificial slate, c.1970, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, timber bargeboards to porch, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers to ends, and sections of slate hanging to side (south-east) elevation. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and moulded rendered surrounds to ground and to first floor. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995. Square-headed door opening with tongue-and-groove timber panelled door, sidelights, and overlight. Set back from road with forecourt having random rubble stone boundary wall to perimeter with red brick Running bond piers having cut-stone capping, and wrought iron double gates.

Appraisal

An appealing house of much character incorporating an almost informal arrangement to the openings, which are not entirely evenly distributes across the bays. Although much of the original fabric has been replaced over the course of the late twentieth century, the house retains its original form, and some important features, including slate hanging to the side (south-east) elevation, a feature increasingly uncommon in Tramore.