Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1910
Terraced two-bay single-storey rubble stone house with dormer attic, c.1900. Refenestrated, c.1975. Reroofed, pre-1999. One of a terrace of four. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, pre-1999, clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond profiled (shared) chimney stack, square rooflights, and cast-iron rainwater goods on timber eaves. Random rubble stone walls. Square-headed window opening with stone sill, and painted red brick block-and-start surrounds. Replacement timber casement windows, c.1975. Square-headed door opening under shared gabled timber canopy having decorative timber bargeboards, rendered surround (forming shared shallow segmental-headed relieving arch), and replacement glazed timber panelled door, c.1975. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An appealing small-scale house, built as one of a terrace of four identical houses (with 22809133 - 134, 136/WD-21-09-133 - 134, 136) possibly having associations with the Lismore Castle estate on account of stylistic characteristics comparable with estate workers' houses in Chapel Street (22809120 - 123/WD-21-09-120 - 123), which retains most of its original form and massing, and which contributes to an attractive, uniform low-lying streetscape quality in Church Lane. The house is distinguished by the elegant treatment to the door opening, which contributes to the architectural quality of the composition.