Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Terraced two-bay three-storey over part-raised basement house, c.1820. Extensively renovated, c.1995, to accommodate use as offices. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement 3/6 and 6/6 timber sash windows, c.1995. Round-headed door opening approached by six cut-stone steps with replacement timber panelled door, c.1995, sidelights and decorative fanlight. Set back from line of road with forecourt having sections of wrought iron railings with spear-head finials and wrought iron gate.
An elegantly proportioned substantial house, built as one of a pair, which has been sympathetically restored. The house, together with the second in the pair (22504501/WD-5632-22-494), contributes to the historic character of Catherine Street and is one of a number of houses of sophisticated quality in the streetscape.