Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Terraced two-bay three-storey over part-raised basement house, c.1820. Extensively renovated, c.1995, to accommodate use as offices. One of a terrace of three. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement 3/6 and 6/6 timber sash windows, c.1995. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995, to basement. Round-headed door opening approached by seven cut-stone steps with wrought iron railings, timber doorcase, timber panelled door, and decorative fanlight. Set back from line of road with sections of wrought iron railings to front having foliate finials.
A substantial house of balanced proportions, built as one of a terrace of three identical houses. Satisfactorily restored, the majority of the replacement fittings have been installed in keeping with the original integrity of the design, while the door opening retains early fittings. The house, together with the remainder in the terrace (22504497 - 6/WD-5623-22-499 - 498), forms an attractive formal feature in the streetscape, while the early wrought iron railings emphasise the historic quality of the site.