Survey Data

Reg No

22504442


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Apartment/flat (converted)


Date

1780 - 1800


Coordinates

260959, 112161


Date Recorded

15/07/2003


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

End-of-terrace three-bay three-storey over part-raised basement double-pile house, c.1790, originally detached retaining most original fenestration. Part refenestrated, c.1965. Now in use as apartments. Pitched double-pile (M-profile) slate roofs with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1990, on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered quoins. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. 3/6 and 9/6 timber sash windows. Replacement timber casement windows, c.1965, to rear (south-west) elevation. Round-headed door opening approached by eight cut-limestone steps having wrought iron railings, moulded rendered surround in form of clustered colonettes, timber panelled doorcase with consoles, timber panelled door, and decorative fanlight. Set back from line of road with forecourt having sections of wrought iron railings with spear-head finials.

Appraisal

An elegantly-proportioned, substantial house, which retains its original form and character, together with important salient features and materials. Set back slightly from the line of the road, the house is an attractive, sophisticated feature in the streetscape, while the early surviving wrought iron railings contribute to the historic character of the piece.