Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced three-bay three-storey house with dormer attic, c.1840. Extensively renovated, 1997, with dormer attic added to accommodate use as offices. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, 1997, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, replacement square rooflights, 1997, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, 1997, on overhanging timber eaves with iron brackets. Unpainted replacement cement rendered, ruled and lined walls, 1997, with rendered quoined piers to ground floor, courses to first floor, rendered channelled piers to upper floors, and band to eaves. Square-headed window openings (in square-headed recessed panels to ground floor) with rendered sills (forming sill course to first floor on 'consoles'), and keystone detailing to ground floor. Replacement 1/1 and 6/6 timber sash windows, 1997. Round-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround in form of clustered colonettes, replacement timber panelled door, 1997, and fanlight having moulded archivolt. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An elegantly-proportioned house, built as part of a group of four houses of similar appearance (including 22504400 - 2/WD-5632-385 - 383), which has been extensively renovated, retaining the original form and with replacement features and fittings alluding to the original models. The house forms an important component of the streetscape, contributing to the historic character of Parnell Street.