Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1840. Extensively renovated, 1996, to accommodate use as offices. One of a terrace of three. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, 1996, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, 1996, on overhanging timber eaves retaining original iron brackets. Unpainted replacement cement rendered, ruled and lined walls, 1996, with rendered courses to first floor, and band to eaves. Square-headed window openings (in square-headed recessed panel to ground floor) with rendered sills (forming sill course to first floor on 'consoles'), and keystone detailing to ground floor. Replacement 1/1 uPVC sash windows, 1996. Round-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround in form of clustered colonettes, replacement timber panelled door, 1996, and overlight. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An elegantly-proportioned house, built as one of a terrace of three identical houses, which retains its original form. Extensively renovated to accommodate an alternative use, the replacement fittings allude to early or original models, yet are fashioned with inappropriate modern materials. The house, together with the remainder in the terrace (22504400 - 1/WD-5632-22-385 - 384), forms an attractive, compact group in the streetscape of Parnell Street.