Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


In Use As



1830 - 1850


260882, 112208

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1840, retaining some early fenestration. Reroofed, c.1965. Part refenestrated, c.1990. Now in use as offices. One of a terrace of four. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1965, clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered stepped eaves. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills. 1/1 timber sash windows with replacement uPVC casement window, c.1990, to ground floor. Round-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround, replacement timber panelled door, c.1990, and overlight. Road fronted with section of wrought iron railings to front on cut-limestone plinth.


This house, built as one of a terrace of four identical houses, is an attractive and well-proportioned substantial composition that retains most of its original form and massing, together with some important salient features and materials. However, the gradual replacement of the fittings to the window openings with inappropriate modern articles threatens to undermine the external expression of the composition. The house, together with the remainder of the terrace (22504393 - 4, 6/WD-5632-22-392 - 91, 89), forms an important component of the streetscape, and the survival of the original iron railings contributes to the historic character of the group.