Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


In Use As



1830 - 1850


260876, 112204

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house with dormer attic, c.1840. Reroofed, c.1965. Extensively renovated, c.1990, with dormer attic added to accommodate use as offices. One of a terrace of four. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1965, clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks, square rooflights, c.1990, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered stepped eaves. Unpainted replacement cement rendered walls, c.1990. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1990. Round-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround, replacement timber panelled door, c.1990, and overlight. Road fronted with section of wrought iron railings to front on cut-limestone plinth.


This house, built as one of a terrace of four identical houses, is an attractive and well-proportioned substantial composition that retains most of its original form and massing. However, extensive renovation works in the late twentieth century have led to the loss of most of the original fabric, and to the erosion of some of the historic quality of the site. The house, together with the remainder of the terrace (22504393, 5- 6/WD-5632-22-392, 90 - 89), forms an important component of the streetscape, and the survival of the original iron railings contributes to the historic character of the group.