Categories of Special Interest
1850 - 1870
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1860, retaining original fenestration with elliptical-headed carriageway to right ground floor. Undergoing renovation, 2003. One of a group of six. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered walls (possibly replacement). Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and moulded rendered entablature to ground floor on consoles having bas relief shallow triangular pediment over. 2/2 timber sash windows. Segmental-headed door opening with rendered surround, glazed timber panelled door, and overlight with moulded archivolt. Elliptical-headed carriageway with painted brick surround, and timber double doors. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
An appealing, well-proportioned modest-scale house built as one of a group of six houses of similar appearance. The house retains its original form and much of its original fabric, together with decorative rendered dressings to some openings. The house, together with the remainder of the group (22504124 - 8/WD-5632-22-135 - 131), forms an attractive uniform feature of historic character in the streetscape.