Categories of Special Interest
1850 - 1870
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1860, retaining original fenestration. Undergoing extensive renovation, 2003, including remodelling of window opening to ground floor to accommodate projected commercial use. One of a group of six. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings (remodelled, 2003, to ground floor) with stone sills, and moulded rendered entablature to ground floor on consoles. Replacement 2/2 timber sash windows, 2003, with replacement timber panelled door, 2003, to remodelled opening. Segmental-headed door opening with rendered surround, timber panelled door, and overlight with moulded archivolt. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
An appealing, well-proportioned modest-scale house built as one of a group of six houses of similar appearance. Undergoing extensive renovation works, replacement fittings have been installed in keeping with the original integrity of the design, while an additional door opening has been inserted without damaging the original form significantly. Furthermore, important early-surviving features have been retained including decorative rendered dressings to some openings. The house, together with the remainder of the group (22504124 - 5, 7 - 9/WD-5632-22-135 - 134, 132 - 130), forms an attractive uniform feature of historic character in the streetscape.