Categories of Special Interest
1850 - 1870
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1860, retaining original fenestration with segmental-headed carriageway to right ground floor. Now disused. One of a group of six. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled pier to end. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and moulded rendered entablature to ground floor on consoles. 2/1 and 2/2 timber sash windows. Round-headed door opening with rendered surround, glazed timber panelled door, and overlight with moulded archivolt. Segmental-headed carriageway with moulded rendered surround, and timber panelled double doors having cast-iron filigree panels. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
An appealing, well-proportioned modest-scale house built as one of a group of six houses of similar appearance. Although now disused, the house retains its original form and character, together with important early-surviving features including the fittings to the carriageway and decorative rendered dressings to some openings. The house, together with the remainder of the group (22504125 - 9/WD-5632-22-134 - 130), forms an attractive uniform feature of historic character in the streetscape.