Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1800
Terraced three-bay four-storey over raised basement house, c.1790, retaining some original fenestration with round-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Extensively renovated, c.1990, to accommodate use as apartments. Hipped slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1990, on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement 6/6 timber sash windows, c.1990, with original 3/3 timber sash windows to top floor. Round-headed door opening approached by five cut-limestone steps with replacement timber panelled door, c.1865, and overlight. Round-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
An attractive, substantial house of elegant proportions and vertical massing, which forms an imposing feature in the streetscape, terminating the vista from High Street to the west. The house is distinguished by the unusually elongated carriageway. Well maintained, replacement fittings have been installed in keeping with the historic integrity of the house.