Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1850 - 1870


260935, 112475

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, c.1860, retaining original fenestration with shopfront to ground floor. Now in use as offices. Pitched slate roof behind parapet with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers to ground floor, full-height panelled pilasters to upper floors, rendered stringcourse to second floor, and frieze to parapet having moulded rendered cornice and blocking course over. Shallow segmental-headed window openings to first floor and square-headed window openings to top floor with stone sills, and moulded rendered surrounds having keystones. 1/1 timber sash windows. Rendered shopfront to ground floor with fixed-pane timber display windows having squat intermediary pilasters on painted roughcast stall riser, timber panelled double doors with overlight, and fascia over having moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


An attractive building of graceful, balanced proportions and understated Classical detailing, including a rendered shopfront of artistic interest. Well-maintained, the building retains its original form and character, and contributes to the historic character of the streetscape of The Quay.