Categories of Special Interest
1910 - 1915
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey house, built 1912, on a corner site retaining original fenestration with pubfront to ground floor, and single-bay two-storey return to east. Reroofed, c.1985. Now in residential use to ground floor. Pitched roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1985, red brick (shared) and rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered wall to front (west) elevation. Unpainted roughcast walls to remainder. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door and overlight. Timber pubfront to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, glazed timber panelled double doors with overlight, and timber fascia over having moulded cornice. Road fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
This house is an attractive, small-scale building of modest appearance that has been well maintained to present an early aspect, retaining important salient features and materials. The house also incorporates an attractive traditional Irish pubfront of artistic significance. The house is an important component of the streetscape, forming the corner linking Mayor's Walk with Bachelor's Walk.