Categories of Special Interest
1890 - 1910
Semi-detached two-bay two-storey red brick house with dormer attic, c.1900, on a corner site. Extensively renovated and extended, c.2000, comprising single-bay single-storey return with attic to north-west. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.2000, clay ridge tiles, red brick (shared) chimney stack, replacement square rooflights, c.2000, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.2000, on red brick eaves. Mono-pitched artificial slate roof to return continuing into flat-roofed section with timber eaves. Red brick Flemish bond wall to front (south-east) elevation with vitrified blue brick paired stringcourses to first floor. Unpainted roughcast walls to remainder. Shallow segmental-headed window openings to front (south-east) elevation with stone sills, and vitrified blue brick dressings to ground floor Square-headed window openings to remainder. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.2000. Shallow segmental-headed door opening with vitrified blue brick dressings, glazed timber panelled door and overlight. Road fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
This house, built as part of a small-scale development including the house immediately to north-east (22501799/WD-5632-21-818), is an attractive building that is distinguished in its immediate locality by its construction in red brick. Retaining most of its original form (the alterations to the footprint in the late twentieth century do not impinge on the primary (south-east) front), the house is not enhanced by the appearance of the replacement fittings to the openings.