Categories of Special Interest
1885 - 1890
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, built 1888, on a corner site. Refenestrated, c.1990. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (one shared) chimney stacks, rendered coping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered walls (possibly replacement, c.1990) with rendered quoins. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, and replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1990. Round-headed door opening with cut-stone step, replacement uPVC panelled door, c.1990, and overlight. Road fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
This house, built as one of a pair, is an attractive and substantial building that retains most of its original form and massing. However, the inappropriate replacement fittings to the openings have not had a positive impact on the external expression of the composition. The house, together with the second in the pair (22501790/WD-5632-21-809), is an important component of the streetscape, the tall massing of the composition forming an important anchor site on The Glen.