Categories of Special Interest
1885 - 1890
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, built 1888, retaining original fenestration. Renovated, c.1990. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (one shared) chimney stacks, rendered coping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Replacement pebbledashed walls, c.1990, with rendered quoins. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows. Round-headed door opening with replacement glazed uPVC door, c.2000, and overlight. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
This house, built as one of a pair, is an attractive and substantial building that retains most of its original form and some of its early character. The house also retains important salient fittings to the window openings, although the replacement fittings to the door opening do not enhance the appearance of the composition. The house, together with the second in the pair (22501791/WD-5632-21-810), is an important component of the streetscape, the tall massing of the composition forming an important anchor site on The Glen.