Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1820. Refenestrated, c.1920. Renovated, c.1970, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Now in use as offices to upper floors. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, red brick (shared) chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, c.1920. Square-headed door opening with replacement glazed timber panelled door, c.1995, and overlight. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1970, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, glazed timber door with overlight, and timber fascia over having cornice. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This house has been well maintained, retaining its original form together with many early salient features and materials. The survival of the house, where its neighbours immediately to north-west have recently (2003) been demolished, is important to the integrity of the streetscape, contributing to the historic quality of O'Connell Street.