Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Terraced three-bay three-storey house with dormer attic, c.1820. Renovated and refenestrated, c.1920, with pubfront inserted to ground floor. Now in use as guesthouse to upper floors. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered and red brick (shared) chimney stacks, square rooflights, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, c.1920. Timber pubfront, c.1920, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, timber panelled doors having overlights, and timber fascia over with glazed name plate and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This house is an attractive building of balanced Georgian proportions that has been well maintained to present an early aspect. The house retains important early surviving salient features and materials, including an attractive pubfront of artistic design merit. The house is an integral component of the streetscape and contributes to the historic quality of O'Connell Street.