Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Terraced four-bay four-storey house, c.1820, with round-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Extensively renovated, c.1995. Now in use as offices. Pitched roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1995, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted replacement rendered, ruled and lined walls, c.1995. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills. Replacement 3/3 and 6/6 timber sash windows, c.1995. Round-headed door opening with rendered surround, and replacement timber panelled door, c.1995, having spoked fanlight. Round-headed carriageway with cut-limestone surround having blocking. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This house is an attractive and substantial building of balanced Georgian proportions that has been sympathetically restored, retaining its original form with replacement fittings installed in keeping with the original integrity of the design. The house is distinguished by the presence of the carriageway, which incorporates a fine cut-limestone surround. The house is an important component of the streetscape of O'Connell Street, contributing to the historic character of the street.