Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Terraced two-bay four-storey over basement house, c.1820, retaining most original fenestration. Part refenestrated, c.1920. Now in use as offices. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-limestone sills. 3/3 and 6/6 timber sash windows with replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, c.1920, to ground floor having decorative cast-iron sill guards, and moulded rendered entablatures over on consoles. Round-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround, replacement timber panelled door, c.1920, and spoked fanlight. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This house is an attractive building of balanced Georgian proportions that retains its original form and most of its original character, together with many important salient features and materials. The house is an important component of the streetscape of O'Connell Street, contributing to the historic character of the street.