1870 - 1890
Terraced two-bay three-storey building with dormer attic, c.1880, originally two separate single-bay three-storey houses retaining original fenestration to upper floors. Reroofed, c.1980, with dormer attic added. Renovated, 2002, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1980, concrete ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, flat felt roofs, c.1980, to dormer attic windows, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, 2002, on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings in bipartite arrangement with rendered sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows. Timber casement windows to dormer attic. Replacement polished stone-clad shopfront, 2002, to ground floor with piers, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed double doors, and advanced fascia over having cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This building, originally built as two separate houses, is an attractive composition that retains most of its original form and fabric to the upper floors. Subsequent renovations have not had an adverse effect on the appearance of the building, and the replacement shopfront to ground floor, composed as a symmetrical design, serves to complement the entire scheme. The building is an important component of the streetscape of Barronstrand Street and is identified by the bipartite arrangement to the window openings.