1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1840. Refenestrated, c.1890. Extensively renovated, c.1990, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Now in use as offices to upper floors. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1990, concrete ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, and moulded rendered surrounds having keystones. Replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, c.1890. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1990, to ground floor with paired fluted pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, glazed timber door, and timber fascia over on panelled frieze with paired consoles. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This house is an attractive composition of modest appearance that has been reasonably well maintained, retaining its original form to the upper floors, together with important early salient features and materials. However, the replacement shopfront, which is over-scaled, does not enhance the appearance of the house. The house remains an important component of the streetscape of Barronstrand Street, contributing to the historic quality of the street.