Categories of Special Interest
1800 - 1820
Attached two-bay three-storey house, c.1810, probably originally terraced retaining original fenestration with square-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Renovated, c.1910, with openings remodelled to ground floor to accommodate commercial use. Now disused. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Unpainted roughcast walls. Square-headed window openings (remodelled, c.1910, to ground floor) with stone sills (no sill to ground floor). 6/6 timber sash windows with replacement fixed-pane timber window, c.1910, to ground floor having rendered name plate over with raised lettering. Square-headed door opening with replacement timber panelled door, c.1910. Square-headed carriageway with timber boarded double doors. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
This house, although now disused, retains most of its original form and character, together with important salient features and materials. The house is of considerable importance for its impact in the streetscape of Stephen's Street, comprising one of the few buildings of historic appearance that remain unaltered in the street.