1850 - 1870
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1860, retaining early fenestration. Renovated, c.1985, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers to ends. Shallow segmental-headed window openings to first floor with square-headed window openings to top floor, rendered sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1985, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane frame-less display window (incorporating canted section), timber panelled door, glazed timber panelled door with sidelight and overlight, and fascia over having consoles, profiled apron, and cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
A well-proportioned, middle-size house that retains much of its original form and massing, together with important salient features and materials. The juxtaposition of a variety of profiles to the openings enhances the architectural value of the composition. However, a replacement shopfront of little artistic design merit does not contribute positively to the visual appeal of the house at street level.