1850 - 1870
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1860, retaining early fenestration. Renovated, c.1985, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered quoins to end. Shallow segmental-headed window openings with rendered sills, and 1/1 timber sash windows. Square-headed (shared) door opening with replacement glazed timber panelled door, c.1985. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1985, to ground floor with fluted pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, glazed timber panelled door, and timber fascia over having consoles. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
An appealing, well-proportioned house, built as one of a pair, which retains most of its original form and massing, together with important salient features and materials. However, a replacement shopfront is of little artistic design quality, and does not enhance the visual appeal of the house at street level. The house, together with the second in the pair (22501407/WD-5632-21-420), forms an important element of the streetscape, and contributes to the historic character of Patrick Street.