1800 - 1840
Terraced four-bay four-storey house, c.1820. Refenestrated, c.1895. Renovated, c.1995, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched slate roof behind parapet with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls with rendered strips, and rendered coping to parapet. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills and surrounds. Replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, c.1895. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with lined rendered piers, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber door, and timber fascia over on consoles with segmental section to centre and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This house is an attractive and substantial building of balanced appearance that has been well maintained to the upper floors to present an early aspect, incorporating important early salient features and materials. The house is distinguished in the streetscape of Michael Street through its massing, which contributes to the varied roofline of the street.