1800 - 1840
Terraced three-bay four-storey house, c.1820. Refenestrated, c.1870. Renovated, c.1995, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills and surrounds. Replacement 2/2 timber sash windows, c.1870. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber double doors, and timber fascia over with consoles and dentilated cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This house is an attractive, substantial building of balanced appearance that has been well maintained to the upper floors to present an early aspect, incorporating important early salient features and materials. The house is distinguished in the streetscape of Michael Street by its massing, which contributes to the varied roofline of the street.