Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey house, c.1820. Refenestrated, c.1920. Renovated and extended, c.1970, comprising single-bay single-storey lean-to return with half-dormer attic to west. Renovated, c.1995, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Now in use as offices to first floor. Pitched roof (continuing into lean-to to return) with replacement artificial slate, c.1970, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, rendered coping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, c.1920. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995, to return. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with fluted pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, tongue-and-groove timber panelled and glazed timber doors with timber fascia over. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This house is an unassuming building of modest proportions that retains much of its original form and early character. The house also retains some early salient features and materials, while the replacement shopfront, designed with reference to traditional forms, contributes to the historic quality of the streetscape at street level.