Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest



1810 - 1830


260686, 112153

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1820, with shared square-headed pedestrian way to left ground floor. Extensively renovated, c.1995, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1995, on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls (possibly replacement, c.1995). Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995. Square-headed (shared) pedestrian way to left ground floor with timber boarded door. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, glazed timber door, and timber fascia over having raised lettering. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


This house, built as one of a pair, is an important middle-size composition that retains most of its original form and massing. However, extensive renovation works in the late twentieth century have resulted in the loss of most of the original fabric, which has not had a positive effect on the historic expression of the house. Nevertheless, the house, together with the second in the pair (22501330/WD-5632-21-342), remains an attractive feature in the streetscape.