Categories of Special Interest
1820 - 1840
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1830, retaining early fenestration. Renovated, c.1980, with openings remodelled to ground floor to accommodate commercial use. Now disused. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings (remodelled, c.1980, to ground floor) with stone sills (no sill to remodelled opening). 2/2 timber sash windows with fixed-pane timber window, c.1980, to remodelled opening. Square-headed door opening with replacement timber panelled door, c.1980, and overlight. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This house is an attractive, modest-scale building that, with the exception of the ground floor, retains its original form and character, together with early salient features and materials. The house is a pleasant component of the streetscape, the roofline following the sloping topography of John Street.