1905 - 1925
Terraced seven-bay three-storey building, c.1915, on a corner site retaining some original fenestration comprising three-bay three-storey elevation to east, single-bay three-storey canted entrance bay to north-east, three-bay three-storey elevation to north having two-bay three-storey end bay to west, and shopfront to ground floor. Renovated, c.1990. Roof not visible behind blocking course. Painted rendered walls with channelling to ground floor having moulded cornice over, and rendered dressings to upper floors including full-height panelled pilasters, paired stringcourses, and moulded cornice to blocking course. Square-headed window openings in tripartite arrangement to first floor with rendered intermediary pilasters having moulded necking. Fixed-pane timber display windows. Square-headed window openings to remainder (one blind to top floor to entrance bay) with moulded rendered sills on profiled aprons, and rendered surrounds. 1/1 timber sash windows. Replacement fixed-pane uPVC display windows, c.1990, to ground floor with one having glazed uPVC double doors. Road fronted on a corner site with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This building is an attractive composition of balanced form and proportions that has been reasonably well maintained to present an early aspect. Planned to capitalise on an important and prominent corner site (with primary elevations fronting on to each street, and originally with an entrance bay to the centre), the presence of the building is emphasised by the use of an early Modern style, together with discrete decorative render work of artistic merit. The building retains many important original salient features to the upper floors, which enhance the character of the composition.