1860 - 1870
Terraced three-bay four-storey house, c.1865. Extensively renovated, c.1990, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Now in use as offices to upper floors. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered quoins. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, and moulded rendered shouldered surrounds. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1990. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1990, to ground floor with pilasters, frame-less canted display window, glazed timber doors, and timber fascia over with consoles and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This house, despite alterations in the late twentieth century, retains its original balanced form to the upper floors, together with attractive rendered detailing to the openings. The house is an important component of the streetscape of Broad Street and contributes to the varied roofline of the street.