1800 - 1840
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, c.1820, retaining early fenestration. Extensively renovated, c.1995, with replacement shared shopfront inserted to ground floor possibly incorporating fabric of earlier shopfront. One of a pair. Pitched roof with replacement slate, c.1995, rendered (shared) chimney stack on axis with ridge, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and 6/6 timber sash windows. Replacement shared timber shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with panelled Composite pilasters, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber double doors, and timber fascia over with elongated consoles and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This house, built as one of a pair, has been extensively renovated in the late twentieth century, although some of the original form remains intact, together with important early or original salient features and materials. The building is distinguished by an attractive shopfront, again altered, which may incorporate fragments of an earlier model on site, including the decorative pilasters of artistic merit. The house, together with the second in the pair (not included in this survey), remains an important component of the streetscape, contributing to the varied roofline of Broad Street.