1810 - 1830
Terraced four-bay four-storey house, c.1820, on a corner site with two-bay four-storey side elevation to north. Extensively renovated, 1994, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Hipped (pyramidal) roof with replacement artificial slate, 1994, clay ridge tiles, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, 1994, on rendered eaves. Painted replacement cement rendered walls, 1994. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, panelled pilaster surrounds supporting panelled friezes and moulded entablatures, and replacement 1/1 timber sash windows, 1994. Replacement timber shopfront, 1994, to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber door, and timber fascia over. Road fronted on a corner site.
Despite extensive renovation works in the late twentieth century that have led to the loss of most of the historic fabric, this house retains much of its original form and massing, while rendered detailing enhances the architectural value of the composition. The house occupies an important corner site, and contributes to the appeal of the streetscapes of Barronstrand Street and Arundel Lane.