1810 - 1830
Terraced two-bay four-storey house, c.1820, retaining some original fenestration. Extensively renovated, c.1995, with replacement shared shopfront inserted to ground floor. One of a terrace of three forming part of a group of five. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Original 2/2 timber sash windows to first floor with replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995, to remainder. Replacement shared rendered shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with channelling, fixed-pane timber display window, timber panelled door, and timber fascia over. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This house, built as one of a terrace of three identical houses forming the centrepiece of a group of five houses, retains most of its original form to the upper floors, together with some important early salient features and materials - however, the appearance of the house is not enhanced by the inappropriate replacement fittings to some openings, and a shopfront of little design merit. The house, together with the remaining houses in the group (22501151 - 3, 155/WD-5632-21-157 - 9, 161), remains an attractive component of the streetscape of Arundel Square.