1810 - 1830
Terraced two-bay four-storey house, c.1820. Extensively renovated, c.1995, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. One of a terrace of three forming part of a group of five. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls with moulded course to top floor. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane timber display window, glazed timber and timber panelled doors with overlights, and timber fascia over with consoles and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
This house, built as one of a terrace of three identical houses forming the centrepiece of a group of five houses, retains most of its original form to the upper floors - however, the appearance of the house is not enhanced by the inappropriate replacement fittings to the openings. The house, together with the remaining houses in the group (22501151 - 2, 154 - 5/WD-5632-21-157 - 8, 160 - 61), is an attractive component of the streetscape of Arundel Square.